Most Recent Articles by Nicola Davies, PhD
Stress is the key link between occupation and presentation of mental illness.
"Diabulimia" may or may not be associated with bulimia or any of its symptoms.
You have probably heard the term 'Big Data' being bandied around, but what does it actually mean for the psychiatry sector? Dr Nicola Davies explains what Big Data is, before exploring how it's currently being applied within psychiatry.
Nicola Davies, PhD, suggests that a great deal of research is still required, but apps are certainly showing great promise as a means of enhancing treatment outcomes when used as an adjunct to therapy and medication.
Dr Nicola Davies explores how diagnostic recognition could facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of this serious condition.
More Articles by Nicola Davies, PhD
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cost-Effectiveness of Atomoxetine for Treating Children with ADHD
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Differential Testosterone Levels in Men, Women With Schizophrenia
- Intervention Improves Quality of Life, Agitation in Nursing Home Patients With Dementia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Antidepressants More Effective Than Placebo for Acute Depression in Adults
- Positive Beliefs About Age May Protect Older Adults Against Dementia
- Electrical Stimulation of Amygdala May Improve Long-Term Memory
- Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia May Be Reduced With MIN-101
- Apathy: An Important Predictor of Employment in Huntington Disease