Most Recent Articles by Nicola Davies, PhD
You have probably heard the term 'Big Data' being bandied around, but what does it actually mean for the psychiatry sector? Dr Nicola Davies explains what Big Data is, before exploring how it's currently being applied within psychiatry.
Nicola Davies, PhD, suggests that a great deal of research is still required, but apps are certainly showing great promise as a means of enhancing treatment outcomes when used as an adjunct to therapy and medication.
Dr Nicola Davies explores how diagnostic recognition could facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of this serious condition.
SlowMo, a new digital platform for patients to use outside therapy session, targets the psychological processes that play a role in paranoia.
A disproportionate number of patients with mental illness are obese compared to the general population.
More Articles by Nicola Davies, PhD
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Depression High Among Medical Students
- Evidence Against Palliative Care in Long-term Eating Disorders
- Better Cognition for Older Adults Who Nap After Lunch
- Alzheimer's Disease is a Significant Risk Factor for Major Hip Fracture
- No Cognitive Benefit to Long-term Weight Loss in Overweight, Obese Adults
- Preschoolers With Depression Show Reduced Response to Rewards
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Facebook Addiction Associated With Social Insecurity