NEXIUM 24HR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Esomeprazole 20mg (equivalent to 22.3mg esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate); delayed-release caps; contains gelatin.
Indications for NEXIUM 24HR:
Frequent heartburn (≥2 days/week). Not intended for immediate relief of heartburn (may take 1–4 days for full effect).
Swallow whole. Take before eating in the AM. ≥18yrs: 20mg once daily for 14 days; may repeat 14-day course every 4 months.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Heartburn >3 months. Frequent wheezing. Unexplained weight loss. Nausea/vomiting. Stomach pain. Reevaluate if condition continues or worsens after 14 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May affect or be affected by blood-thinning agents (eg, warfarin, clopidogrel, cilostazol), antifungals, digoxin, diazepam, tacrolimus, mycophenolate mofetil, antiretrovirals, methotrexate.
Proton pump inhibitor.
Diarrhea (discontinue if occurs).
Caps—14, 28, 42
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder