NEXIUM 24HR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Esomeprazole 20mg (equivalent to 22.3mg esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate); delayed-release caps; contains gelatin.
Indications for NEXIUM 24HR:
Frequent heartburn (≥2 days/week). Not intended for immediate relief of heartburn (may take 1–4 days for full effect).
Swallow whole. Take before eating in the AM. ≥18yrs: 20mg once daily for 14 days; may repeat 14-day course every 4 months.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Heartburn >3 months. Frequent wheezing. Unexplained weight loss. Nausea/vomiting. Stomach pain. Reevaluate if condition continues or worsens after 14 days; >1 course of treatment every 4 months. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May affect or be affected by blood-thinning agents (eg, warfarin, clopidogrel, cilostazol), antifungals, digoxin, diazepam, tacrolimus, mycophenolate mofetil, antiretrovirals, methotrexate.
Proton pump inhibitor.
Diarrhea, rash, joint pain; discontinue if occurs.
Caps—14, 28, 42
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders