NEXA PLUS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pyridoxine 25mg, folic acid 1.25mg, Vit.C 28mg, Vit.D3 800 IU, Vit.E 30 IU, biotin 250mcg, calcium (as carbonate [158mg] + docusate calcium [2mg]) 160mg, iron (as ferrous fumarate) 29mg, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA, plant-based source [algal oil]) 350mg, docusate calcium 55mg; softgel caps; contains soy.
Indications for NEXA PLUS:
Nutritional supplement in pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods.
1 cap daily.
Concomitant mineral oil. Treatment of pernicious or other megaloblastic anemias. Hemochromatosis.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. Bleeding diatheses.
Iron, calcium block tetracycline absorption. Antagonizes levodopa. DHA: avoid anticoagulants.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling
- Nightmares in Military Personnel Frequently Comorbid With Mental Health Disorders
- Potential for SERMs as Adjunctive Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Addressing Racial Disparities in Bipolar Disorder Treatment
- Negative Symptoms Increase Cardiovascular Risk in Schizophrenia