Between the double shifts and stressful days, keeping energy up and eating right can seem like an insurmountable challenge.
Physicians are evenly divided on the importance of considering societal cost and resource allocation while providing individual patient care.
The use of medical scribes for electronic health record documentation reduced primary care physician burden.
The role of mHealth technologies, including smartphone applications and wearable sensors that enable real-time health monitoring, has become more prevalent within the last decade.
Educators' mental health and well-being is associated with their students' mental well-being or feelings of distress.
Medical residents should start budgeting and save for the future.
A $69 billion merger between health insurer Aetna and pharmacy manager CVS Health has been approved.
Researchers suggested that more data is required to create a centralized database that can be used to inform the debate on an assault weapons ban.
Universal health coverage has been proposed as a way of improving access to healthcare in low- and middle-income countries.
There is no widespread understanding of the pathophysiology of burnout, or conclusions about how it should be measured.
Farris K. Timimi, MD, and Lee Aase from the Mayo Clinic Social Media Network shared their views on the role of social media in physician practice.
Racial insensitivity, stereotyping, and racially based decisions continue to occur in medical school admissions, recruitment, and management, as well as patient care.
Approximately 15% of incarcerated people have serious mental illness, although that number can vary depending on the type of illness.
Prices of prescription drugs in short supply between 2015 and 2016 were found to increase more than twice as quickly as they would have in the absence of a shortage.
Standard pen needles have an outer cover and removable inner needle cover, while safety pen needles have an outer cover and a fixed inner needle shield that is not removed before an injection.
Patients and their families are advocating for their right to access the latest medical research papers to help find potential treatments and understand health conditions.
In a rare bipartisan move, both the House and Senate have reached a compromise on legislation to address the opioid epidemic.
Wide variations in influenza vaccine coverage have been noted across healthcare personnel based on occupation and worksite.
Physician employment contracts include a number of bonuses and benefits that can be included or negotiated.
Medical practices can take steps to avoid problems related to use of social media by staff members.
Whether you're interested in writing for healthcare blogs or dabbling in a subject outside the realm of medical care, there's something for anyone with an interest in a side hustle.
Sexual minorities are of lower socioeconomic status than their heterosexual counterparts.
Following implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), cost-related medication nonadherence significantly decreased among adults who survived stroke.
The primary outcome measure of the study was the frequency of any adverse psychiatric effect observed during treatment with one of these agents.
Although there are many demands on residents, taking advantage of paid vacation time is one of the perks and should be maximized.
The American Medical Association has released a statement urging the US Department of Justice to block the CVS-Aetna merger.
Uncertainty can be a form of violence, particularly when it is related to immigration status and constantly changing immigration policies.
Medical residents can take steps to maintain their energy and alertness during long shifts.
A flexible overall performance score that can be modified in real time by users may be the most optimal method for generating relevant reviews for specific patient interests.
The use of an artificial intelligence algorithm could become valuable for medical decision-making processes.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Link Identified Between Cured Meat and Mania in Bipolar Disorder
- Suicide Attempts Associated With Sleep and Circadian Rhythm Disturbances in Bipolar Disorder
- First-Episode Delusional Disorder vs Schizophrenia: Assessment of Outcomes
- Early Risk Factors for Bipolar Disorder Found in Offspring of BD Parents
- Probiotics, Depression, and the Role of Inflammation
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Should Physicians Play a Role in Minimizing the Societal Cost of Medical Care?
- Digital Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Effective for Individuals With Insomnia
- How Do Medical Scribes Reduce EHR Documentation Burden for Physicians?