Reviewers more likely to recommend acceptance when prestigious names and institutions were visible.
It is not yet clear whether changes in the brain that were observed during one season of competitive youth football are lasting or meaningful.
Medical practices can take a number of steps to make it more difficult to hack into their computer files.
Embracing all the myriad variations of the human genome should, in theory, lead to rewards that all can share.
Both men and women with HIV were more likely to experience comorbid psychiatric conditions than their peers without an HIV diagnosis.
Effects of fetal exposure are yet to be determined.
Individuals with bilateral damage to the amygdala can still feel fear.
The NIH is awarding more than 100 new grants to over 170 researchers at 60 institutions that will total more than $70 million.
It has been reported previously that symptoms of depression are associated with nonadherence to diabetes self-care.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Depression High Among Medical Students
- Evidence Against Palliative Care in Long-term Eating Disorders
- Better Cognition for Older Adults Who Nap After Lunch
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Alzheimer's Disease is a Significant Risk Factor for Major Hip Fracture
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Hypertension Onset in Older Population May Protect Against Dementia
- Preschoolers With Depression Show Reduced Response to Rewards
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication