Reviewers more likely to recommend acceptance when prestigious names and institutions were visible.
It is not yet clear whether changes in the brain that were observed during one season of competitive youth football are lasting or meaningful.
Medical practices can take a number of steps to make it more difficult to hack into their computer files.
Embracing all the myriad variations of the human genome should, in theory, lead to rewards that all can share.
Both men and women with HIV were more likely to experience comorbid psychiatric conditions than their peers without an HIV diagnosis.
Effects of fetal exposure are yet to be determined.
Individuals with bilateral damage to the amygdala can still feel fear.
The NIH is awarding more than 100 new grants to over 170 researchers at 60 institutions that will total more than $70 million.
It has been reported previously that symptoms of depression are associated with nonadherence to diabetes self-care.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy