Reviewers more likely to recommend acceptance when prestigious names and institutions were visible.
It is not yet clear whether changes in the brain that were observed during one season of competitive youth football are lasting or meaningful.
Medical practices can take a number of steps to make it more difficult to hack into their computer files.
Embracing all the myriad variations of the human genome should, in theory, lead to rewards that all can share.
Both men and women with HIV were more likely to experience comorbid psychiatric conditions than their peers without an HIV diagnosis.
Effects of fetal exposure are yet to be determined.
Individuals with bilateral damage to the amygdala can still feel fear.
The NIH is awarding more than 100 new grants to over 170 researchers at 60 institutions that will total more than $70 million.
It has been reported previously that symptoms of depression are associated with nonadherence to diabetes self-care.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Sleep Disorders: How to Manage Headaches in Patients?
- Anxiety and ADHD in Patients With Single-Ventricle Congenital Heart Disease
- Alcohol Use Disorder Diagnosis Stable From DSM-IV to DSM-5
- Opioid Cravings Reduced by Medication from ER Visits
- Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Patients With HCV Cured of Infection
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Best Practices for Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis
- Benzodiazepines Increase Stroke Risk in Alzheimer's