The latest revision of the diagnostic manual does away with the complex multiaxial organization in favor of a simpler chapter order of disorders.
Infants with postnatal etiology showed worse developmental deficits across all domains.
The longer autism spectrum disorder insurance mandates remained in place, the more that mandate-associated treated prevalence increased.
In vitro assays hold promise as diagnostic tools in complex neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism.
Neuropsychological findings indicate that similar executive functions are affected in ADHD and OCD, but new neuroimaging data indicate differences exist in brain structure and function.
The results indicate a 10-fold increased risk of future autism in patients diagnosed with epilepsy.
Prolonged response may contribute to development of autism, depression and schizophrenia.
Emotional reactivity, anxiety problems, and pervasive developmental problems increased with each 1-µg/dL increase in blood lead concentrations.
A manufactured compound widely used as flame retardants in the past three decades has been associated with lower IQ and hyperactivity in kids.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Depression High Among Medical Students
- Evidence Against Palliative Care in Long-term Eating Disorders
- Better Cognition for Older Adults Who Nap After Lunch
- Alzheimer's Disease is a Significant Risk Factor for Major Hip Fracture
- No Cognitive Benefit to Long-term Weight Loss in Overweight, Obese Adults
- Preschoolers With Depression Show Reduced Response to Rewards
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Facebook Addiction Associated With Social Insecurity