Is cogniphobia can be a modifiable factor in the treatment of patients with migraine?
A new analytic model can now predict cognitive decline within 10 years of onset PD.
For individuals with dementia, lifetime care costs are increased.
New data were presented at the IAS Conference, pertaining to predictive factors and cognitive screening for HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders.
This study suggests a link between high reward receptor responses in the striatal cortex and expression of pain complaints 2 years later.
Head impacts in soccer are independently associated with moderate to very severe central nervous system (CNS) symptoms.
More specific biomarkers will be needed to differentiate between atypical parkinsonian disorders.
These preliminary findings suggest that combined treatment with MAAT and methylphenidate can improve attention, episodic and working memory, and executive functioning following traumatic brain injury.
Better management of cardiovascular risk factors and higher levels of education may have contributed to this improvement.
The American Heart Association issues a scientific statement on the possible link between chronic arterial hypertension and cognitive impairment.
Levodopa pill can wear off, but a powdered version can help patients during off periods.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs