Is cogniphobia can be a modifiable factor in the treatment of patients with migraine?
New data were presented at the IAS Conference, pertaining to predictive factors and cognitive screening for HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders.
This study suggests a link between high reward receptor responses in the striatal cortex and expression of pain complaints 2 years later.
Head impacts in soccer are independently associated with moderate to very severe central nervous system (CNS) symptoms.
More specific biomarkers will be needed to differentiate between atypical parkinsonian disorders.
These preliminary findings suggest that combined treatment with MAAT and methylphenidate can improve attention, episodic and working memory, and executive functioning following traumatic brain injury.
Better management of cardiovascular risk factors and higher levels of education may have contributed to this improvement.
The American Heart Association issues a scientific statement on the possible link between chronic arterial hypertension and cognitive impairment.
Levodopa pill can wear off, but a powdered version can help patients during off periods.
In 2016, an estimated 5.4 million US adults have Alzheimer disease.
Serum ghrelin levels may serve as a biomarker of executive function in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Early Detection Markers of Alzheimer's Disease Possibly Identified
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Inferior to Escitalopram
- Illicit Cannabis Use Among Adults Up Due to Medical Marijuana Laws
- Memory Training Opportunities Exist for Patients With Schizophrenia
- APA: Medical Discrimination Based on Size Psychologically, Physically Harms Patients
- Criteria For Identification of Smartphone Addiction
- Bipolar Disorder: Childhood Trauma Modulates Impact on Amygdala, Hippocampus
- Psychiatric Evaluations: Questions on Suicide Need to Be Rephrased
- Subsequent Suicide Attempts May Be Reduced by Emergency Department Interventions
- Advice for Parents Whose Child Is Seeking Mental Health Treatment
- Prescription Opioid Misuse Remains a Persistent Problem
- Revised Treatment Guidelines for Pediatric Acute Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome
- Long-term Response to Prophylactic Mood Stabilizers in Bipolar Disorder
- Medically Supervised Withdrawal, an Option for Pregnant Women Addicted to Opioids
- Navigating the Thin Line Between Identification & Intimacy With Patients