Compared with male athletes, female athletes face a greater incidence of and longer recovery time from concussion.
More specific biomarkers will be needed to differentiate between atypical parkinsonian disorders.
These preliminary findings suggest that combined treatment with MAAT and methylphenidate can improve attention, episodic and working memory, and executive functioning following traumatic brain injury.
Better management of cardiovascular risk factors and higher levels of education may have contributed to this improvement.
The American Heart Association issues a scientific statement on the possible link between chronic arterial hypertension and cognitive impairment.
Levodopa pill can wear off, but a powdered version can help patients during off periods.
In 2016, an estimated 5.4 million US adults have Alzheimer disease.
Serum ghrelin levels may serve as a biomarker of executive function in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Most aging humans will develop some degree of decline in cognitive capacity.
The study suggests that statins may serve a greater purpose beyond control of lipids and cardiovascular events.
Researchers saw a beneficial effect in tests examining frontal lobe function and improvement in memory.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Which Antidepressants May Cause Birth Defects?
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis