Obesity and associated comorbidities are seen to be potential contributers to Alzheimer disease pathophysiology.
In patients with Parkinson disease psychosis, treatment with pimavanserin has a lower risk for mortality compared with quetiapine or combination therapy.
The authors suggest that anxiety should be routinely evaluated in patients with Parkinson disease who experience freezing of gait.
People who feel younger than their age show fewer signs of brain aging than those who feel their age or older than their age.
Nuplazid, a non-dopaminergic, selective serotonin inverse agonist, targets 5-HT2A receptors that are thought to be involved in Parkinson disease psychosis.
These results highlight the risk for auditory hallucinations in certain subsets of patients with dementia with Lewy bodies and may be useful for clinicians in developing targeted treatment options.
Investigators sought to determine the association between antiretroviral therapy and cytomegalovirus infection in individuals with HIV, as well as the potential impact of both on neurocognitive performance.
126 to 140 mmol/L was linked to increased odds of prevalent cognitive impairment and decline in older men.
Patients randomly assigned to the intervention experienced a statistically significant improvement in quality of life, agitation, and overall neuropsychiatric symptoms.
Cognitive rehabilitation may be an effective therapy for Parkinson-associated dementias.
The AAN has issued new recommended guidelines for treating mild cognitive impairment.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- Minocycline vs Routine Care for Clinical Symptom Improvement in Schizophrenia
- Insomnia in Borderline Personality Disorder May Increase Suicide Risk
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Psychotropic Medication May Reduce Symptoms and Improve Functioning in PTSD
- Social Decline a Predictor of Conversion Outcome in High-Risk Individuals
- Buprenorphine/Samidorphan Helpful in Refractory Depression