NEOSPORIN OPH SOLN Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Polymyxin B sulfate 10000Units, neomycin (as sulfate) 1.75mg, gramicidin 0.025mg; per mL; contains alcohol 0.5%, thimerosal.
Indications for NEOSPORIN OPH SOLN:
Susceptible infections of conjunctiva and cornea.
1–2 drops or small amount of oint every 4 hours for 7–10 days. Max 2 drops every 2 hours.
Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Superinfection, sensitization, local irritation, delayed healing.
Ointment formerly known under the brand name Neo-Polycin, Neosporin.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Panel Recommends Earlier Body Weight Monitoring in Use of Mood Stabilizers
- Nondaily Cigarette Use Increasing Among Individuals With Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders
- Cesarean Delivery, Early Childhood Antibiotic Use Not Associated With Risk for ADHD
- Uncertainty as a Form of Violence: Current Immigration Policy and Crisis
- FDA Gets Tough on Juul, Other Electronic Cigarette Makers