NEOSPORIN G.U. Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Neomycin (as sulfate) 40mg, polymyxin B sulfate 200000units; per mL; soln for bladder irrigation after dilution; amp; vial (contains parabens).
Indications for NEOSPORIN G.U.:
Short-term (up to 10 days) prophylaxis of bacteriuria and gram (–) rod septicemia associated with indwelling urinary catheters.
Dilute 1mL in 1L of normal saline and use daily as continuous bladder irrigant; max 10 days.
Nonintact bladder. Irrigation of wounds, burns. Recent lower urinary tract surgery.
Impaired renal function. Dehydration. Monitor urine cultures. Elderly. Infants. Pregnancy (Cat.D).
Superinfection, local irritation, ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity.
Amps (1mL)—10, 50
Multidose vial (20mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients