Generic Name and Formulations:
Ibuprofen lysine 10mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Recordati Rare Diseases, Inc.
Indications for NEOPROFEN:
To close clinically significant patent ductus arteriosis (PDA) in premature infants weighing between 500–1500g who are no more than 32 weeks gestational age when usual management is ineffective.
Give by IV infusion over 15 minutes. Initially 10mg/kg, then two doses of 5mg/kg each, after 24 and 48 hours. Withhold second or third dose if anuria or marked oliguria is evident; do not give additional doses until renal function has returned to normal. If ductus arteriosis closes or is significantly reduced in size after completion of first course, no further doses are necessary. If ductus arteriosis fails to close or reopens, second course, alternative pharmacological therapy, or surgery may be necessary.
Proven or suspected infection that is untreated. Congenital heart disease in whom patency of the PDA is necessary for satisfactory pulmonary or systemic blood flow. Bleeding, esp. active intracranial hemorrhage or GI bleeding. Thrombocytopenia. Coagulation defects. Necrotizing enterocolitis. Significant renal impairment.
May alter usual signs of infection. May prolong bleeding time. Elevated total bilirubin. Avoid extravasation.
May potentiate amikacin. May antagonize diuretics. Monitor renal function when concomitant diuretics.
Sepsis, anemia, intraventricular bleeding, apnea, GI disorders, impaired renal function, respiratory infection, skin lesions, hypoglycemia, hypocalcemia, respiratory failure.
Single-use vials (2mL)—3
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Neuroimaging Markers of Bipolar Disorder Risk for At-Risk Youth
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double