NEEVO DHA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
L-methylfolate (as Metafolin) 1.13mg, thiamine 1.4mg, riboflavin 1.4mg, niacinamide 18mg, pyridoxine 25mg, Vit. B12 1mg, Vit.C 85mg, Vit.D3 5mcg, Vit.E 15 IU, calcium (as carbonate) 110mg, iron (ferrous fumarate) 27mg, iodide (as potassium iodide) 220mcg, magnesium (as oxide) 60mg, selenium 60mcg, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA, vegetarian source [algal oil]) 581.92mg; caps; contains soy, gelatin, sorbitol, glycerin.
Alfasigma USA, Inc.
Indications for NEEVO DHA:
Nutritional supplement during pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods in women with dietary needs for the biologically active form of folate, who are at risk for hyperhomocysteinemia, impaired folic acid absorption, and/or impaired folic acid metabolism due to 677C>T mutations in the MTHFR gene.
1 cap daily.
Wilson's disease. Hemochromatosis. Treatment of pernicious or other megaloblastic anemias.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. DHA: bleeding diatheses.
May antagonize levodopa, phenytoin. DHA: avoid anticoagulants.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders