Generic Name and Formulations:
Vinorelbine (as tartrate) 10mg/mL; soln for IV inj after dilution; preservative-free.
Pierre Fabre Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for NAVELBINE:
First-line treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), in combination with cisplatin. As a single agent, for the treatment of patients with metastatic NSCLC.
See full labeling. Give by IV inj over 6–10mins. Monotherapy: 30mg/m2 once weekly. Combination therapy: 25mg/m2 on Days 1, 8, 15, and 21 of a 28-day cycle with cisplatin (100mg/m2) given on Day 1 of each 28-day cycle; or 30mg/m2 once weekly with cisplatin (120mg/m2) given on Days 1 and 29, then every 6 weeks. Dose modifications for toxicities, hepatic impairment: see full labeling.
Risk of myelosuppression. Monitor for infection, and/or fever; obtain CBCs with differentials prior to each dose. Discontinue if neurotoxicity ≥grade 2. Pre-existing pulmonary dysfunction or neuropathy. Hepatic injury or impairment: assess hepatic function prior to and during treatment. Cardiovascular disease. Avoid extravasation. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Females of reproductive potential should use highly effective contraception during therapy. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
May be potentiated by CYP3A inhibitors. Increased risk of granulocytopenia with cisplatin.
Neutropenia, anemia, elevated liver enzymes, nausea, vomiting, asthenia, constipation, inj site reaction, peripheral neuropathy; hepatotoxicity, pulmonary toxicity, bowel obstruction, paralytic ileus.
Single-use vial (1mL, 5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children
- Addressing the Uncertainties of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program for Medical School Graduates
- Leana Wen, MD, to Assume Planned Parenthood Presidency
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology