Generic Name and Formulations:
Vinorelbine (as tartrate) 10mg/mL; soln for IV inj after dilution; preservative-free.
Pierre Fabre Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for NAVELBINE:
First-line treatment of ambulatory patients with unresectable, advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), as a single agent or in combination with cisplatin. In Stage III NSCLC, use in combination with cisplatin.
See literature. Give by IV inj over 6–10 minutes. Monotherapy: 30mg/m2 once weekly. Combination therapy: 25mg/m2 once weekly with cisplatin given every 4 weeks; or 30mg/m2 once weekly with cisplatin given on Days 1 and 29, then every 6 weeks. Dose adjustment for toxicities, hepatic impairment: see literature.
Pretreatment granulocyte counts <1000 cells/mm3.
IV use only; fatal if given intrathecally. Discontinue if neurotoxicity ≥grade 2. Pre-existing pulmonary dysfunction or neuropathy. Prior irradiation or chemotherapy. Cardiovascular disease. Monitor for myelosuppression, infection, and/or fever; obtain CBCs with differentials prior to each dose. Avoid contamination of the eyes or injecting into an extremity with poor circulation (thrombosis possible). Hepatic injury or impairment. Avoid extravasation. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
May be potentiated by CYP3A inhibitors. Acute pulmonary reactions possible with mitomycin. Increased risk of granulocytopenia with cisplatin. May increase risk of neurotoxicity with paclitaxel. Prior or concomitant radiation therapy; may result in radiosensitizing effects.
Myelosuppression (esp. granulocytopenia), inj site reactions, elevated liver enzymes, chest pain, fatigue, GI upset, alopecia, jaw pain, myalgia, arthralgia, rash, severe constipation, paralytic ileus, intestinal obstruction, necrosis, and/or perforation; dyspnea, severe bronchospasm.
Single-use vial (1mL, 5mL)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder