Generic Name and Formulations:
Galsulfase 1mg/mL; conc. soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Indications for NAGLAZYME:
Mucopolysaccharidosis VI (MPS VI).
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: not recommended. ≥5yrs: Give by IV infusion over 4 hours. Initial infusion rate: 6mL/hr for the first hour, then, if tolerated, may increase to 80mL/hr for the remaining 3 hours. May extend infusion time up to 20 hours if infusion reactions occur. Pretreat with antihistamines w/wo antipyretics 30–60mins prior to starting infusion. 1mg/kg once weekly.
Discontinue if severe infusion reactions occur. Antihistamine pretreatment may increase risk of apneic episodes. Risk of acute cardiorespiratory failure in patients susceptible to fluid volume overload (eg, weighing ≤20kg, underlying respiratory illness, compromised cardiac and/or respiratory function). Consider evaluation of airway patency prior to treatment. Acute febrile or respiratory illness: delay infusion. Monitor for spinal/cervical cord compression (including back pain, limb paralysis, urinary and fecal incontinence). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Recombinant human N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatase enzyme.
Rash, pain, urticaria, pyrexia, pruritus, chills, headache, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dyspnea; infusion reactions.
Visit www.MPSVI.com/CSP or call (866) 906-6100 to participate in Clinical Surveillance Program.
Single-use vial (5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age