Generic Name and Formulations:
Galsulfase 1mg/mL; conc. soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Indications for NAGLAZYME:
Mucopolysaccharidosis VI (MPS VI).
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: not recommended. ≥5yrs: Give by IV infusion over 4 hours. Initial infusion rate: 6mL/hr for the first hour, then, if tolerated, may increase to 80mL/hr for the remaining 3 hours. May extend infusion time up to 20 hours if infusion reactions occur. Pretreat with antihistamines w/wo antipyretics 30–60mins prior to starting infusion. 1mg/kg once weekly.
Discontinue if severe infusion reactions occur. Antihistamine pretreatment may increase risk of apneic episodes. Risk of acute cardiorespiratory failure in patients susceptible to fluid volume overload (eg, weighing ≤20kg, underlying respiratory illness, compromised cardiac and/or respiratory function). Consider evaluation of airway patency prior to treatment. Acute febrile or respiratory illness: delay infusion. Monitor for spinal/cervical cord compression (including back pain, limb paralysis, urinary and fecal incontinence). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Recombinant human N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatase enzyme.
Rash, pain, urticaria, pyrexia, pruritus, chills, headache, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dyspnea; infusion reactions.
Visit www.MPSVI.com/CSP or call (866) 906-6100 to participate in Clinical Surveillance Program.
Single-use vial (5mL)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy