Generic Name and Formulations:
Crofelemer 125mg; delayed-release tablets; enteric-coated.
Napo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for MYTESI:
Symptomatic relief of non-infectious diarrhea in adult patients with HIV/AIDS on antiretroviral therapy.
Swallow whole. One tab twice daily.
<18yrs: not established.
Rule out infectious etiologies of diarrhea before starting. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Upper respiratory tract infection, bronchitis, cough, flatulence, increased bilirubin.
Formerly known under the brand name Fulyzaq.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses