Generic Name and Formulations:
Mirabegron 25mg, 50mg; ext-rel tabs.
Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Indications for MYRBETRIQ:
Treatment of overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and urinary frequency.
Swallow whole. Initially 25mg once daily. May increase to 50mg once daily as needed or tolerated. Severe renal impairment or moderate hepatic impairment: max 25mg once daily. ESRD or severe hepatic impairment: not recommended.
Severe uncontrolled hypertension: not recommended. Monitor blood pressure periodically. Significant bladder outlet obstruction, patients taking antimuscarinic drugs for OAB: risk of urinary retention. Discontinue and treat if angioedema of the tongue, hypopharynx, or larynx occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate CYP2D6 substrates (eg, metoprolol, desipramine). Adjust dose and monitor esp. with narrow therapeutic index drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 (eg, thioridazine, flecainide, propafenone). Concomitant digoxin: use lowest digoxin dose initially (monitor and titrate).
Beta-3 adrenergic agonist.
Hypertension, nasopharyngitis, urinary tract infection, headache; angioedema.
Hepatic (CYP2D6, 3A4).
Tabs—30, 90, 100
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders