Generic Name and Formulations:
Alglucosidase alfa 5mg/mL; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for MYOZYME:
Pompe disease (GAA deficiency).
Give by IV infusion over 4 hours. Initial infusion rate: 1mg/kg/hr, may increase to 2mg/kg/hr every 30 minutes after tolerance established to max 7mg/kg/hr. 20mg/kg every 2 weeks.
Anaphylaxis, severe allergic, and immune mediated reactions. Risk of cardiorespiratory failure.
Discontinue immediately if severe anaphylactic or allergic reactions develop; have appropriate medical support measures available and during rechallenge. Increased risk of acute cardiorespiratory failure with acute underlying respiratory illness, compromised cardiac function, or sepsis. Cardiac hypertrophy (increased risk of cardiac arrhythmia when given general anesthesia for central venous catheter placement). Infants with cardiac dysfunction may require prolonged observation times. Monitor for development of systemic immune complex-mediated reactions; consider discontinuing if occurs. Monitor for IgG antibody formation every 3 months for 2 years, then annually. Perform LFTs prior to initiation; monitor periodically. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Recombinant human alpha-glucosidase enzyme.
Pneumonia, respiratory failure/distress, catheter-related infection, respiratory syncytial virus infection, gastroenteritis, fever; infusion reactions (temporarily stop or reduce infusion rate; discontinue if severe).
Single-use vial (50mg)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses