Generic Name and Formulations:
Alglucosidase alfa 5mg/mL; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for MYOZYME:
Pompe disease (GAA deficiency).
Give by IV infusion over 4 hours. Initial infusion rate: 1mg/kg/hr, may increase to 2mg/kg/hr every 30 minutes after tolerance established to max 7mg/kg/hr. 20mg/kg every 2 weeks.
Discontinue immediately if severe anaphylactic or allergic reactions develop; have appropriate medical support measures available and during rechallenge. Increased risk of acute cardiorespiratory failure with acute underlying respiratory illness, compromised cardiac function, or sepsis. Cardiac hypertrophy (increased risk of cardiac arrhythmia when given general anesthesia for central venous catheter placement). Infants with cardiac dysfunction may require prolonged observation times. Monitor for development of systemic immune complex-mediated reactions; consider discontinuing if occurs. Monitor for IgG antibody formation every 3 months for 2 years, then annually. Perform LFTs prior to initiation; monitor periodically. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Recombinant human alpha-glucosidase enzyme.
Pneumonia, respiratory failure/distress, catheter-related infection, respiratory syncytial virus infection, gastroenteritis, fever; infusion reactions (temporarily stop or reduce infusion rate; discontinue if severe).
Single-use vial (50mg)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed