Generic Name and Formulations:
Rimabotulinumtoxin B 2500 Units/0.5mL, 5000 Units/1mL, 10000 Units/2mL; soln for IM inj; contains human albumin; preservative-free.
Indications for MYOBLOC:
Cervical dystonia, to reduce severity of abnormal head position and neck pain.
Should be administered and managed by experienced physicians. Individualize. Treatment-experienced: Initially 2500 to 5000 Units divided among affected muscles. Treatment-naïve: use lower initial dose. Adjust subsequent doses based on response.
Infection at proposed injection site.
Not interchangeable with other botulinum toxin products. Pre-existing dysphagia. Respiratory disorders. Neuromuscular disorders (eg, myasthenia gravis, ALS, Lambert-Eaton syndrome); monitor closely. Contains human albumin; monitor for possible viral disease transmission. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by aminoglycosides or other agents interfering with neuromuscular transmission (eg, curare-like compounds). Concomitant other botulinum toxin products may potentiate neuromuscular paralysis.
Inj site reactions, dry mouth, dysphagia (may be severe), dyspepsia, headache, respiratory difficulties, allergic reactions (discontinue if occurs), spread of toxin effect (may be fatal).
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder