Generic Name and Formulations:
Micafungin sodium 50mg/vial, 100mg/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Indications for MYCAMINE:
Treatment of Candidemia, acute disseminated candidiasis, Candida peritonitis and abscesses; and esophageal candidiasis. Prophylaxis of Candida infection in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT).
Give by slow IV infusion over 1 hour. Candidemia, acute disseminated, peritonitis, abscesses: 100mg/day (usual range 10–47 days). Esophageal: 150mg/day (usual range 10–30 days). Prophylaxis in HSCT: 50mg/day (usual range 6–51 days).
<4months: not established. Give by slow IV infusion over 1 hour. ≥4months: Candidemia, acute disseminated, peritonitis, abscesses: 2mg/kg once daily; max 100mg/day. Esophageal: (≤30kg): 3mg/kg once daily; (>30kg): 2.5mg/kg once daily. Max: 150mg/day. Prophylaxis in HSCT: 1mg/kg once daily; max 50mg/day.
Hepatic impairment. Renal dysfunction. Monitor for evidence of worsening hepatic or renal function. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates sirolimus, itraconazole, nifedipine; monitor and reduce doses.
Glucan synthesis inhibitor (echinocandin).
Inj site reactions, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, pyrexia, thrombocytopenia, headache, rash, pruritus, facial swelling, vasodilatation, phlebitis, increased alkaline phosphatase; hematological effects, abnormal liver function tests (eg, ALT/AST), acute renal failure, anaphylaxis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders