Generic Name and Formulations:
Ethambutol HCl 100mg, 400mg+; tabs; +scored.
X-GEN Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MYAMBUTOL:
Susceptible pulmonary tuberculosis with other antituberculars.
Give once daily. Initially 15mg/kg per day. Retreatment: 25mg/kg per day, after 60 days decrease to 15mg/kg per day. Renal dysfunction: reduce dose.
<13yrs: not recommended.
Test visual acuity before beginning therapy and periodically; monthly if dose exceeds 15mg/kg per day. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use. Gout. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Dermatitis, pruritus, joint pain, GI upset, fever, malaise, headache, dizziness, confusion, peripheral neuritis, gout, reduced visual acuity, optic neuritis.
Tabs 100mg—100; 400mg—100, 1000
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder