MY WAY OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levonorgestrel 1.5mg; tabs.
GAVIS Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for MY WAY:
Prevention of pregnancy after known or suspected contraceptive failure or unprotected intercourse. Not for use as regular contraceptive.
Rule out pregnancy first. <17yrs: ℞ only. ≥17yrs: Take one single-dose as soon as possible but no later than 72hrs after unprotected intercourse. If vomiting occurs within 2hrs, may consider repeating dose.
Premenarchal: not applicable.
Known or suspected pregnancy.
See full labeling. Ectopic pregnancy. Not effective in terminating an existing pregnancy. Does not protect against STI/HIV. Not for use in postmenopausal women. Nursing mothers.
Drugs (eg, barbiturates, carbamazepine, phenytoin) or herbal products (eg, St. John's wort) that induce certain enzymes (eg, CYP3A4) may decrease effectiveness.
Heavier menstrual bleeding, nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, dizziness, breast tenderness.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder