MY WAY OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levonorgestrel 1.5mg; tabs.
GAVIS Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for MY WAY:
Prevention of pregnancy after known or suspected contraceptive failure or unprotected intercourse. Not for use as regular contraceptive.
Rule out pregnancy first. <17yrs: ℞ only. ≥17yrs: Take one single-dose as soon as possible but no later than 72hrs after unprotected intercourse. If vomiting occurs within 2hrs, may consider repeating dose.
Premenarchal: not applicable.
Known or suspected pregnancy.
See full labeling. Ectopic pregnancy. Not effective in terminating an existing pregnancy. Does not protect against STI/HIV. Not for use in postmenopausal women. Nursing mothers.
Drugs (eg, barbiturates, carbamazepine, phenytoin) or herbal products (eg, St. John's wort) that induce certain enzymes (eg, CYP3A4) may decrease effectiveness.
Heavier menstrual bleeding, nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, dizziness, breast tenderness.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age