A recently published study reports that women who develop high blood pressure in their 40s could be at a higher risk for developing dementia later in life.
Seven signs and symptoms might alert someone to the possible presentation of schizophrenia.
Fathers face a higher risk of postpartum depression if testosterone levels drop 9 months after the baby is born.
Researchers from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center have discovered the cellular receptor that causes weight gain from antipsychotic drugs.
Antidepressant switching may not be the best way to aid depression patients with no response to the first antidepressant taken.
The patient's lack of anxiety, depression, or psychosis before surgery was taken into consideration prior to DBS treatment.
Schizophrenia patients may benefit from a a specific type of talk therapy, according to a new study from the University of Pennsylvania.
Antipsychotic medications have potential toxic effects but delaying or withholding treatment can lead to worse outcomes.
ADHD in adults can be determined by a 6-question screening tool.
Women with more intense hot flashes were more likely to depressed than women with mild hot flashes.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder