Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadobenate dimeglumine 529mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for MULTIHANCE:
For use in MRI of the CNS in adults and children to visualize lesions with abnormal blood brain barrier or abnormal vascularity of the brain, spine, and associated tissues. For use in magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) to evaluate adults with known or suspected renal or aorto-ilio-femoral occlusive vascular disease.
Adults and Children:
MRI: Preterm neonates: not established. Give as a rapid IV bolus inj, followed by a saline flush of ≥5mL to ensure complete injection. <2yrs: 0.1–0.2mL/kg. ≥2yrs: 0.2mL/kg (0.1mmol/kg). MRA: <18yrs: not established. ≥18yrs: 0.2mL/kg (0.1mmol/kg) by rapid IV bolus inj, followed by a saline flush of ≥20mL either manually or using an automatic injector system.
Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis.
Increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in chronic kidney disease or acute kidney injury; avoid use. Screen for renal dysfunction. Do not exceed recommended dose and allow sufficient time for drug elimination before re-administration. Have emergency resuscitative equipment available. History of asthma or other allergic disorders. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypersensitivity reactions during and for 2hrs after administration. Increased risk of gadolinium retention with multiple lifetime doses, in pregnant patients, children, and those with inflammatory conditions; minimize repetitive imaging studies. Underlying conditions or medications that predispose to cardiac arrhythmias. Dubin Johnson syndrome. Avoid extravasation. Interpreting contrast MR images in the absence of companion non-contrast MR images. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
May potentiate concomitant drugs that compete for cMOAT sites (eg, cisplatin, anthracyclines, vinca alkaloids, methotrexate, etoposide, tamoxifen, paclitaxel).
Nausea, headache, inj site reaction, feeling hot; hypersensitivity.
Single dose vials (5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children
- Addressing the Uncertainties of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program for Medical School Graduates
- Leana Wen, MD, to Assume Planned Parenthood Presidency
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology