Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadobenate dimeglumine 529mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for MULTIHANCE:
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the CNS in adults and children to visualize lesions with abnormal blood brain barrier or abnormal vascularity of the brain, spine, and associated tissues. Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) to evaluate adults with known or suspected renal or aorto-ilio-femoral occlusive vascular disease.
Adults and Children:
MRI: ≤2yrs: not established. >2yrs: 0.1mmol/kg (0.2mL/kg) by rapid IV bolus inj, followed by a saline flush of ≥5mL to ensure complete injection. MRA: <18yrs: not established. ≥18yrs: 0.1mmol/kg (0.2mL/kg) by rapid IV bolus inj, followed by a saline flush of ≥20mL either manually or using an automatic injector system.
Acute or chronic renal insufficiency, acute renal insufficiency due to hepato-renal syndrome, or in perioperative liver transplantation period; avoid use, increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis. Screen for renal dysfunction. Have emergency resuscitative equipment available. History of asthma or other allergic respiratory disorders. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypersensitivity reactions during and for 2hrs after administration. Underlying metabolic, cardiac, or other abnormalities that predispose to cardiac arrhythmias. Dubin Johnson syndrome. Avoid extravasation. Caution with interpreting contrast MR images in the absence of companion non-contrast MR images. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: discontinue prior to and do not restart for at least 24hrs after.
Caution with concomitant drugs that compete for cMOAT sites (eg, cisplatin, anthracyclines, vinca alkaloids, methotrexate, etoposide, tamoxifen, paclitaxel).
Paramagnetic contrast agent (Gadolinium-based).
Nausea, headache, inj site reaction, feeling hot; nephrogenic systemic fibrosis, hypersensitivity.
Single dose vials (5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—5
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder