Generic Name and Formulations:
Purified water, glycerin, benzyl alcohol, sodium saccharin, Carbomer Homopolymer A, potassium hydroxide, citric acid, polysorbate 60 and phosphoric acid; mucoadhesive oral wound rinse.
Indications for MUGARD:
For the management of oral mucositis/stomatitis and all types of oral wounds, including aphthous ulcers/canker sores and traumatic ulcers.
Pour 5mL into mouth and rinse entire oral cavity for 30–60 seconds, or longer. May use up to 10mL to fully coat inside of mouth. After rinsing, expel or swallow. Repeat 4–6 times/day. Avoid eating or drinking at least 1 hour after rinsing.
Do not dilute. Pregnancy.
Must enroll with Bioscrip Specialty Pharmacy for patient to receive product: (877) 350-3035.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age