Generic Name and Formulations:
Purified water, glycerin, benzyl alcohol, sodium saccharin, Carbomer Homopolymer A, potassium hydroxide, citric acid, polysorbate 60 and phosphoric acid; mucoadhesive oral wound rinse.
Indications for MUGARD:
For the management of oral mucositis/stomatitis and all types of oral wounds, including aphthous ulcers/canker sores and traumatic ulcers.
Pour 5mL into mouth and rinse entire oral cavity for 30–60 seconds, or longer. May use up to 10mL to fully coat inside of mouth. After rinsing, expel or swallow. Repeat 4–6 times/day. Avoid eating or drinking at least 1 hour after rinsing.
Do not dilute. Pregnancy.
Must enroll with Bioscrip Specialty Pharmacy for patient to receive product: (877) 350-3035.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?