MUCINEX D OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Guaifenesin 600mg + pseudoephedrine HCl 60mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for MUCINEX D:
Chest and nasal congestion. Sinus pressure.
Swallow whole. 2 tabs every 12 hours. Max: 4 tabs/day.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Cardiovascular disease. Hyperthyroidism. Hypertension. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs (see Contraindications).
Expectorant + decongestant.
GI upset, drowsiness, headache, rash, dizziness, nervousness, insomnia.
D—18, 36; Max Strength—24; Soln—4oz
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy