Generic Name and Formulations:
Plerixafor 20mg/mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for MOZOBIL:
In combination with granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF): To mobilize hematopoietic stem cells to the peripheral blood for collection and autologous transplantation in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or multiple myeloma.
Start after 4 days' treatment with G-CSF. Give approximately 11hrs before starting apheresis. Repeat up to 4 consecutive days. Base dose on actual body weight. 0.24mg/kg SC; max 40mg/day. Renal impairment (CrCl≤50mL/min): 0.16mg/kg; max 27mg/day.
Not for use in leukemia. May cause mobilization of tumor cells (in combination with G-CSF). Monitor blood and platelet counts (esp. neutrophils). Monitor for splenic enlargement/rupture after administration in combination with G-CSF; evaluate if left upper abdominal pain and/or scapular or shoulder pain occurs. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypersensitivity during and after administration for at least 30mins. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hematopoietic stem cell mobilizer.
May be potentiated by drugs that reduce renal function or compete for active tubular secretion.
Diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, inj site reactions, headache, arthralgia, dizziness, vomiting; anaphylactic shock, hypersensitivity reactions (may be serious), tumor cell mobilization, increased circulating neutrophils, decreased platelet counts, enlarged spleen, vasovagal reaction may occur.
Single-use vials (1.2mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age