Generic Name and Formulations:
Plerixafor 20mg/mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for MOZOBIL:
In combination with granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF): To mobilize hematopoietic stem cells to the peripheral blood for collection and autologous transplantation in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or multiple myeloma.
Start after 4 days' treatment with G-CSF. Give approximately 11hrs before starting apheresis. Repeat up to 4 consecutive days. Base dose on actual body weight. 0.24mg/kg SC; max 40mg/day. Renal impairment (CrCl≤50mL/min): 0.16mg/kg; max 27mg/day.
Not for use in leukemia. May cause mobilization of tumor cells (in combination with G-CSF). Monitor blood and platelet counts (esp. neutrophils). Monitor for splenic enlargement/rupture after administration in combination with G-CSF; evaluate if left upper abdominal pain and/or scapular or shoulder pain occurs. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypersensitivity during and after administration for at least 30mins. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May be potentiated by drugs that reduce renal function or compete for active tubular secretion.
Hematopoietic stem cell mobilizer.
Diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, inj site reactions, headache, arthralgia, dizziness, vomiting; anaphylactic shock, hypersensitivity reactions (may be serious), tumor cell mobilization, increased circulating neutrophils, decreased platelet counts, enlarged spleen, vasovagal reaction may occur.
Single-use vials (1.2mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition