Generic Name and Formulations:
Amoxicillin (as trihydrate) 775mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for MOXATAG:
Treatment of tonsillitis and/or pharyngitis secondary to Streptococcus pyogenes.
Take with food. Swallow whole. 775mg once daily for 10 days.
Cephalosporin, imipenem, other allergy or mononucleosis: not recommended. Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min); hemodialysis: not recommended. If serious diarrhea occurs, discontinue therapy. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by probenecid. May cause false (+) glucose with Clinitest, Benedict's, or Fehling's soln. May reduce efficacy of oral contraceptives. May be antagonized by bacteriostatic antibiotics (eg, tetracyclines, sulfonamides, macrolides).
GI upset, headache; hypersensitivity reactions (eg, rash, Stevens Johnson syndrome, anaphylaxis, urticaria), superinfection, hyperactivity, blood dyscrasias, pseudomembranous colitis.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder