Neuropathic pain has been linked with negative outcomes including psychological distress.
Investigators assessed the prevalence and risk factors associated with symptoms of anxiety and depression in adolescents with HIV and those without infection but affected by HIV.
Female offspring of women who participated in the Finnish evacuation during World War II were shown to be at increased risk of psychiatric hospitalization.
Increased depression severity among children with early childhood adverse experiences were shown to be correlated with poor emotional awareness.
In young adults, MDD, GAD, and SSRI use is associated with bone metabolism.
Ketamine dosing continues to raise safety concerns.
Of the estimated 38.6 million patients who have a mental health disorder, 7.2 million of them use prescription opioids
Dixdc1 knockout mice demonstrated behaviors suggestive of depression, anxiety, and impaired social behavior.
Approximately 80% of depressive episodes have their onset during the first six months following traumatic brain injury.
Researchers assessed pain, depression, anxiety, and stress in patients with chronic pain and rheumatoid arthritis.
Brain-derived Neurotrophic Factor and its Precursor proBDNF as Diagnostic Biomarkers for Mood Disorders
mBDNF/proBDNF ratio could potentially serve as a novel biomarker for mood disorders.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- #MeToo: Helping Victims Cope With Sexual Harassment
- Clinician Insight: Exploring the Link Between Bipolar Disorder and Binge Eating Disorder
- Association Between Psychosis and Development of Dementia in Older Men
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids
- Personality Functioning Associated With Global Functioning in Bipolar Disorder I
- Nutritional Influences on Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Old Challenges and New Directions in Managing Tardive Dyskinesia
- Similar Rates of Childhood Trauma in Schizophrenia and Substance Use Disorders
- Potential for SERMs as Adjunctive Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Childhood Insulin Resistance Associated With Later Psychosis
- Lamotrigine Similar to Placebo in Treating Borderline Personality Disorder
- Glucocorticoids May Increase Risk of Developing Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorder
- Predictors, Incidence of Long-term Use of Benzodiazepines, Z-Drugs in Bipolar Disorder
- Cardiometabolic Dysregulation Associated With Cognitive Decline Mediated by Depression