In young adults, MDD, GAD, and SSRI use is associated with bone metabolism.
Ketamine dosing continues to raise safety concerns.
Of the estimated 38.6 million patients who have a mental health disorder, 7.2 million of them use prescription opioids
Dixdc1 knockout mice demonstrated behaviors suggestive of depression, anxiety, and impaired social behavior.
Approximately 80% of depressive episodes have their onset during the first six months following traumatic brain injury.
Researchers assessed pain, depression, anxiety, and stress in patients with chronic pain and rheumatoid arthritis.
Brain-derived Neurotrophic Factor and its Precursor proBDNF as Diagnostic Biomarkers for Mood Disorders
mBDNF/proBDNF ratio could potentially serve as a novel biomarker for mood disorders.
The Need For a Better Screening Tool
Peripheral Inflammatory Markers Are Associated With Psychomotor Retardation in Major Depressive Disorder
Psychomotor retardation is associated with poor response to antidepressant treatment.
Socioeconomic status was the only environmental stressor that predicted an increase in SLC6A4 proximal promoter methylation.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy