Dixdc1 knockout mice demonstrated behaviors suggestive of depression, anxiety, and impaired social behavior.
Approximately 80% of depressive episodes have their onset during the first six months following traumatic brain injury.
Researchers assessed pain, depression, anxiety, and stress in patients with chronic pain and rheumatoid arthritis.
Brain-derived Neurotrophic Factor and its Precursor proBDNF as Diagnostic Biomarkers for Mood Disorders
mBDNF/proBDNF ratio could potentially serve as a novel biomarker for mood disorders.
The Need For a Better Screening Tool
Peripheral Inflammatory Markers Are Associated With Psychomotor Retardation in Major Depressive Disorder
Psychomotor retardation is associated with poor response to antidepressant treatment.
Socioeconomic status was the only environmental stressor that predicted an increase in SLC6A4 proximal promoter methylation.
A systematic review showed that most antidepressants are ineffective, and sometimes risky, for children and teens.
Polymorphisms of the GRIK4 gene modulate the response to electroconvulsive therapy.
Aversive conditioned stimulus-elicited habenula response decreased in individuals diagnosed with major depression.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Which Antidepressants May Cause Birth Defects?
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis