Neuropathic pain has been linked with negative outcomes including psychological distress.
This study had a sample size large enough to assess the effect of circadian disruption on mental health disorders, and was the first to objectively measure patterns of rest and activity (using accelerometers).
Lundbeck announced that the Food and Drug Administration has approved a supplemental New Drug Application for Trintellix.
Investigators assessed the prevalence and risk factors associated with symptoms of anxiety and depression in adolescents with HIV and those without infection but affected by HIV.
Female offspring of women who participated in the Finnish evacuation during World War II were shown to be at increased risk of psychiatric hospitalization.
Increased depression severity among children with early childhood adverse experiences were shown to be correlated with poor emotional awareness.
In young adults, MDD, GAD, and SSRI use is associated with bone metabolism.
Ketamine dosing continues to raise safety concerns.
Of the estimated 38.6 million patients who have a mental health disorder, 7.2 million of them use prescription opioids
Dixdc1 knockout mice demonstrated behaviors suggestive of depression, anxiety, and impaired social behavior.
Approximately 80% of depressive episodes have their onset during the first six months following traumatic brain injury.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Caffeine Sodium Benzoate Effective as Electroconvulsive Therapy Augmentation
- Personality Disorders Related to Adverse Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Preop Psychiatric Diagnoses Not Tied to Bariatric Surgery Outcomes in Teens
- Meds With Depression As Adverse Side Effect Commonly Used
- Predictors of Long-term Medication Adherence in Children With ADHD
- Antipsychotic Treatment Linked to Adiposity Changes in Youth
- Exposure to Maternal Hypertension May Up Risk for ASD, ADHD in Child