Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium hyaluronate 22mg/mL; viscoelastic soln for intra-articular inj.
Indications for MONOVISC:
Treatment of pain in osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative nonpharmacologic therapy or simple analgesics (eg, acetaminophen).
Remove synovial fluid or effusion before inj. Give as a single intra-articular inj. 4mL in one knee only. If bilateral treatment: use one syringe in each knee.
≤21yrs: not established.
Gram (+) bacterial protein allergy. Infections or skin diseases in area of inj site/joint. Systemic bleeding disorders.
Avoid strenuous or prolonged weight-bearing activities within 48hrs following inj. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not established.
Avoid use of disinfectants containing quaternary ammonium salts; hyaluronan can precipitate in their presence.
Arthralgia, joint swelling, inj site pain.
Single-use syringe (4mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders