Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX (human) 500 IU, 1000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for MONONINE:
Prevention and control of bleeding in Hemophilia B.
Adults and Children:
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired Factor IX increase × 1 IU/kg. Individualize. Infuse at a rate of 2mL/min. Minor spontaneous hemorrhage, prophylaxis: increase FIX 15–25%; give up to 20–30 IU/kg once; may repeat in 24hrs if needed. Major trauma, surgery: increase FIX 25–50%; give up to 75 IU/kg every 18–30hrs for up to 10 days; adjust based on FIX levels. FIX inhibitors: may use higher doses.
Mouse protein sensitivity.
Not for Hemophilia A or other factor deficiencies, reversal of coumarin-induced anticoagulation or for bleeding due to low levels of liver-dependant coagulation factors. Fibrinolysis, disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC), liver disease, neonates, or during post-op period; increased risk of thromboembolic events. Immune tolerance induction. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Monitor for Factor IX inhibitors and deletion mutations of Factor IX gene; increased risk of hypersensitivity reactions. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Headache, fever, chills, flushing, GI upset, tingling, lethargy, inj site reaction, elevated ALT, inhibitor development; hypersensitivity reactions, thrombosis.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by Mononine to (800) 504-5434.
Single-dose vial—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV