MONISTAT 3 COMBINATION PACK OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Miconazole nitrate 200mg (vaginal supp); miconazole nitrate 2% (topical crm).
Prestige Brands, Inc.
Indications for MONISTAT 3 COMBINATION PACK:
1 supp or 1 applicatorful vaginally daily at bedtime for 3 nights. External crm: apply twice daily as needed for up to 7 days.
Concomitant use of contraceptive diaphragm, condoms, or tampons: not recommended. Confirm diagnosis by KOH smears and/or cultures. If ineffective, reconfirm diagnosis before repeating therapy. Discontinue if irritation develops. 1st trimester of pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May potentiate warfarin.
Vulvovaginal burning, itching or irritation, cramps, headache, rash, urticaria.
Combination Pack—3x200mg supp (w. applicator) + 9g topical crm
Crm Combination Pack—3 prefilled applicators + 9g topical crm
Crm—3 prefilled or 3 disposable applicators
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age