MONISTAT 1 COMBINATION PACK OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Miconazole 1200mg (vaginal supp), miconazole nitrate 2% (topical crm).
Prestige Brands, Inc.
Indications for MONISTAT 1 COMBINATION PACK:
Insert 1 supp vaginally once at bedtime. Crm: apply twice daily as needed for up to 7 days.
Use of contraceptive diaphragm or condoms within 3 days, or use of tampons, douches, or spermicides within 7 days: not recommended. Confirm diagnosis by KOH smears +/or cultures. If ineffective, reconfirm diagnosis before repeating therapy. Discontinue if irritation occur. 1st trimester of pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May potentiate warfarin.
Vulvovaginal burning, itching or irritation; edema, cramps, nausea, headache, rash, urticaria.
Combination Pack—1x1200mg supp (w. applicator or prefilled applicator) + 9g topical crm
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children