MONISTAT 1 COMBINATION PACK OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Miconazole 1200mg (vaginal supp), miconazole nitrate 2% (topical crm).
Indications for MONISTAT 1 COMBINATION PACK:
Insert 1 supp vaginally once at bedtime. Crm: apply twice daily as needed for up to 7 days.
Use of contraceptive diaphragm or condoms within 3 days, or use of tampons, douches, or spermicides within 7 days: not recommended. Confirm diagnosis by KOH smears +/or cultures. If ineffective, reconfirm diagnosis before repeating therapy. Discontinue if irritation occur. 1st trimester of pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May potentiate warfarin.
Vulvovaginal burning, itching or irritation; edema, cramps, nausea, headache, rash, urticaria.
Combination Pack—1x1200mg supp (w. applicator or prefilled applicator) + 9g topical crm
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders