MONISTAT 1 COMBINATION PACK OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Miconazole 1200mg (vaginal supp), miconazole nitrate 2% (topical crm).
Indications for MONISTAT 1 COMBINATION PACK:
Insert 1 supp vaginally once at bedtime. Crm: apply twice daily as needed for up to 7 days.
Use of contraceptive diaphragm or condoms within 3 days, or use of tampons, douches, or spermicides within 7 days: not recommended. Confirm diagnosis by KOH smears +/or cultures. If ineffective, reconfirm diagnosis before repeating therapy. Discontinue if irritation occur. 1st trimester of pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May potentiate warfarin.
Vulvovaginal burning, itching or irritation; edema, cramps, nausea, headache, rash, urticaria.
Combination Pack—1x1200mg supp (w. applicator or prefilled applicator) + 9g topical crm
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder