Mild Cognitive Impairment
Most research to date has focused on the association between depression and dementia, but not many studies were performed to investigate the link between anxiety and dementia.
The effects of aggregate genetic AD risk are detectable before symptoms appear, even early in life.
Administration time for cognitive assessment screenings is currently suboptimal in many clinical settings.
While scientists have long known that tau is involved in dementia, the way in which it hinders cognitive function has remained uncertain.
There was improvement in cognitive performance and brain function in those who took the blueberry powder.
Metabolic syndrome was linked to increased incidence of mild cognitive impairment and progression to dementia.
Mice repeatedly exposed to an aggressive intruder had a difficult time remembering locations in a previously mastered maze.
Increasing weight loss, BMI from midlife to late life may be marker for mild cognitive impairment.
For adults, mild cognitive issues that may develop over time are unrelated, researchers say.
Those who had 2 to 3 alcoholic drinks a day had a 77% lower risk of dying during the study period than those who had 1 or fewer drinks a day.
Research identifies link between high levels of perceived stress and mild cognitive impairment.
Participants' cardiorespiratory fitness improved by about 8%, and the greater the fitness improvements, the more growth in the cortical layer.
Larger brain size could be linked to reduced risk of cognitive impairment.
Higher risk for older individuals who never or rarely consume coffee, and those who increased amount.
Among those with mild cognitive impairment, women's cognitive abilities deteriorated twice as quickly as men.
In patients with mild cognitive impairment, a holistic, multidisciplinary intervention improved attention, concentration, and problem solving.
People with mild cognitive impairment who also have another psychiatric symptom, such as depression, more than twice as likely to develop dementia.
Virtual reality games can identify mild cognitive impairment with accuracy similar to neuropsychological tests.
Intellectual stimulation in life may reduce the risk of developing cognitive impairment, such as dementia.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication
- Patient Perception of Provider Engagement Impacts Progress
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Antipsychotic Switching in Schizophrenia: Immediate vs Gradual Discontinuation
- Bipolar Disorder Monotherapy Treatment Approved
- Slightly Higher HIV Screening in Patients With Severe Mental Illness
- Treating Pain in Depression May Improve Cognitive, Functional Outcomes