Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 500mg, pamabrom 25mg; caplets.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for MIDOL:
2 caplets every 6hrs; max 6/day.
<12yrs: consult physician.
Concomitant other acetaminophen-containing products.
Acetaminophen: hepatic disease. Pyrilamine: asthma, emphysema, other lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. GI or urinary obstruction. Discontinue if skin or allergic reactions occur. Reevaluate if pain worsens or lasts >10 days or fever persists or worsens >3 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Acetaminophen: increased risk of hepatotoxicity if overdosage or ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day. Pyrilamine: potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Caution with warfarin, sedatives, or tranquilizers.
Analgesic + diuretic.
Acetaminophen: hepatotoxicity (overdosage). Pyrilamine: drowsiness, dizziness, paradoxical excitation (esp. in children). Caffeine: nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, occasional palpitations.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition