Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 500mg, pamabrom 25mg; caplets.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for MIDOL:
2 caplets every 6hrs; max 6/day.
<12yrs: consult physician.
Concomitant other acetaminophen-containing products.
Acetaminophen: hepatic disease. Pyrilamine: asthma, emphysema, other lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. GI or urinary obstruction. Discontinue if skin or allergic reactions occur. Reevaluate if pain worsens or lasts >10 days or fever persists or worsens >3 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Acetaminophen: increased risk of hepatotoxicity if overdosage or ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day. Pyrilamine: potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Caution with warfarin, sedatives, or tranquilizers.
Analgesic + diuretic.
Acetaminophen: hepatotoxicity (overdosage). Pyrilamine: drowsiness, dizziness, paradoxical excitation (esp. in children). Caffeine: nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, occasional palpitations.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder