Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 0.75%; vaginal gel; contains parabens.
Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for METROGEL-VAGINAL:
One applicatorful once daily at bedtime, or twice daily, for 5 days.
Discontinue if abnormal neurological signs develop. CNS or hepatic disease. Abstain from vaginal intercourse during therapy. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant alcohol. May potentiate oral anticoagulants, lithium. May be potentiated by cimetidine.
Superinfection, local irritation, GI discomfort/upset, headache, abnormal taste, dizziness, decreased appetite, change in WBC counts.
Gel—70g (w. applicators)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age