Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 0.75%; vaginal gel; contains parabens.
Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for METROGEL-VAGINAL:
One applicatorful once daily at bedtime, or twice daily, for 5 days.
Discontinue if abnormal neurological signs develop. CNS or hepatic disease. Abstain from vaginal intercourse during therapy. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant alcohol. May potentiate oral anticoagulants, lithium. May be potentiated by cimetidine.
Superinfection, local irritation, GI discomfort/upset, headache, abnormal taste, dizziness, decreased appetite, change in WBC counts.
Gel—70g (w. applicators)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder