METROGEL 1% Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 1%; aqueous gel.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for METROGEL 1%:
After washing, apply a thin film once daily to affected areas.
CNS disease (eg, peripheral neuropathy). Blood dyscrasias. If irritation occurs, reduce frequency, interrupt therapy, or discontinue use. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate oral anticoagulants.
Local reactions, nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection, headache.
Gel 1%—60g tube, 55g pump
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders