METROGEL 1% Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 1%; aqueous gel.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for METROGEL 1%:
After washing, apply a thin film once daily to affected areas.
CNS disease (eg, peripheral neuropathy). Blood dyscrasias. If irritation occurs, reduce frequency, interrupt therapy, or discontinue use. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate oral anticoagulants.
Local reactions, nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection, headache.
Gel 1%—60g tube, 55g pump
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes