Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 0.75%; emollient crm.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for METROCREAM:
After washing, apply a thin film once daily to affected areas.
CNS disease (eg, peripheral neuropathy). Blood dyscrasias. If irritation occurs, reduce frequency, interrupt therapy, or discontinue use. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate oral anticoagulants.
Local reactions, nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection, headache.
Gel 1%—60g tube, 55g pump
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children