Metaproterenol Inh Soln Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metaproterenol sulfate 0.4%, 0.6%.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Metaproterenol Inh Soln:
By intermittent positive pressure breathing apparatus (IPPB): 2.5mL 3–4 times daily, up to every 4 hrs.
Arrhythmias associated with tachycardia.
Avoid excessive use. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. CHF. Hyperthyroidism. Diabetes. Seizure disorders. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid other aerosol β-agonists. Potentiated by sympathomimetics, tricyclics, MAOIs.
Tachycardia, nervousness, tremor, headache, dizziness, GI upset, hypertension, paradoxical bronchospasm, cough, bad taste.
Inh soln, tabs, syrup—contact supplier.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age