Metaproterenol Inh Soln Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metaproterenol sulfate 0.4%, 0.6%.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Metaproterenol Inh Soln:
By intermittent positive pressure breathing apparatus (IPPB): 2.5mL 3–4 times daily, up to every 4 hrs.
Arrhythmias associated with tachycardia.
Avoid excessive use. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. CHF. Hyperthyroidism. Diabetes. Seizure disorders. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid other aerosol β-agonists. Potentiated by sympathomimetics, tricyclics, MAOIs.
Tachycardia, nervousness, tremor, headache, dizziness, GI upset, hypertension, paradoxical bronchospasm, cough, bad taste.
Inh soln, tabs, syrup—contact supplier.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records