Generic Name and Formulations:
L-methylfolate calcium (as Metafolin) 3mg, Algae-S powder (Schizochytrium) 90.314mg, pyridoxal 5'-phosphate 35mg, methylcobalamin 2mg; caps.
Alfasigma USA, Inc.
Indications for METANX:
Clinical dietary management of diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
Use only under medical supervision. 1 cap twice daily or 2 caps once daily.
Folic acid may mask Vit.B12 deficiency, including pernicious anemia.
Acne, skin reactions, allergic reactions, photosensitivity, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, increased LFTs, paresthesia, somnolence, headache, mild transient diarrhea, itching, transitory exanthema, feeling of body swelling.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children