Generic Name and Formulations:
L-methylfolate calcium (as Metafolin) 3mg, Algae-S powder (Schizochytrium) 90.314mg, pyridoxal 5'-phosphate 35mg, methylcobalamin 2mg; caps.
Nestle Health Science – Pamlab, Inc.
Indications for METANX:
Clinical dietary management of diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
Use only under medical supervision. 1 cap twice daily or 2 caps once daily.
Folic acid may mask Vit.B12 deficiency, including pernicious anemia.
Acne, skin reactions, allergic reactions, photosensitivity, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, increased LFTs, paresthesia, somnolence, headache, mild transient diarrhea, itching, transitory exanthema, feeling of body swelling.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress