METAMUCIL SMOOTH TEXTURE ORANGE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Psyllium husk 3.4g; per packet or rounded tablespoon; pwd; contains sodium, potassium.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for METAMUCIL SMOOTH TEXTURE ORANGE:
3.4g of powder in 8oz liquid, or 2 wafers or 5 caps with 8oz liquid 1–3 times daily, or 5 caps plus calcium with 8oz liquid up to 4 times daily. Drink 8 more ounces of liquid after powder. Results in 12–72 hours.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs (use powder or wafer): 1.7g of powder in 8oz liquid, or 1 wafer with 8oz liquid 1–3 times daily. Drink 8 more ounces of liquid after powder.
Signs/symptoms of appendicitis. Intestinal obstruction. Fecal impaction. Dysphagia.
Rectal bleeding. Esophageal narrowing. Diabetes (sugar-containing forms).
Separate dosing by at least 2 hours from other medications.
Esophageal, gastric, enteral, rectal obstruction.
Pwd—48, 72, 114, 180, 220 doses; Pwd packets—30; Wafers—24; Caps—100, 160, 300; Caps + calcium—75, 120
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed