METAMUCIL CAPSULES OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Psyllium husk 0.52g; per cap; contains potassium.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for METAMUCIL CAPSULES:
3.4g of powder in 8oz liquid, or 2 wafers or 5 caps with 8oz liquid 1–3 times daily, or 5 caps plus calcium with 8oz liquid up to 4 times daily. Drink 8 more ounces of liquid after powder. Results in 12–72 hours.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs (use powder or wafer): 1.7g of powder in 8oz liquid, or 1 wafer with 8oz liquid 1–3 times daily. Drink 8 more ounces of liquid after powder.
Signs/symptoms of appendicitis. Intestinal obstruction. Fecal impaction. Dysphagia.
Rectal bleeding. Esophageal narrowing. Diabetes (sugar-containing forms).
Separate dosing by at least 2 hours from other medications.
Esophageal, gastric, enteral, rectal obstruction.
Pwd—48, 72, 114, 180, 220 doses; Pwd packets—30; Wafers—24; Caps—100, 160, 300; Caps + calcium—75, 120
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses