METAMUCIL BERRY BURST! OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Psyllium husk 3.4g; per rounded teaspoon; pwd; sugar-free; contains phenylalanine, sodium, potassium.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for METAMUCIL BERRY BURST!:
3.4g of powder in 8oz liquid, or 2 wafers or 5 caps with 8oz liquid 1–3 times daily, or 5 caps plus calcium with 8oz liquid up to 4 times daily. Drink 8 more ounces of liquid after powder. Results in 12–72 hours.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs (use powder or wafer): 1.7g of powder in 8oz liquid, or 1 wafer with 8oz liquid 1–3 times daily. Drink 8 more ounces of liquid after powder.
Signs/symptoms of appendicitis. Intestinal obstruction. Fecal impaction. Dysphagia.
Rectal bleeding. Esophageal narrowing. Diabetes (sugar-containing forms).
Separate dosing by at least 2 hours from other medications.
Esophageal, gastric, enteral, rectal obstruction.
Pwd—48, 72, 114, 180, 220 doses; Pwd packets—30; Wafers—24; Caps—100, 160, 300; Caps + calcium—75, 120
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?