MESNEX TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Mesna 400mg; tabs.
Indications for MESNEX TABLETS:
Prophylactic agent in reducing the incidence of ifosfamide-induced hemorrhagic cystitis.
See literature. IV Schedule: Give as IV bolus injection in a dosage equal to 20% of the ifosfamide dose at the time of ifosfamide administration and 4 and 8 hours after each dose of ifosfamide; total daily dose is 60% the ifosfamide dose. IV and oral dosing: Give as IV bolus injection in a dosage equal to 20% of the ifosfamide dose at the time of ifosfamide administration, followed by the tablets given orally in a dosage equal to 40% of the ifosfamide dose 2 and 6 hours after each dose of ifosfamide; total daily dose is 100% of the ifosfamide dose. Repeat schedule on each day ifosfamide is given. If vomiting occurs within 2hrs of oral mesna, repeat dose or give IV mesna.
Hypersensitivity to thiol compounds.
Monitor morning specimen of urine for the presence of hematuria each day prior to ifosfamide therapy; consider dose reduction or discontinue if hematuria occurs. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
GI upset, fever, anorexia, flatulence, constipation, rhinitis, rigors, back pain, rash, conjunctivitis, arthralgia, headache, inj site reactions, flushing, dizziness, pharyngitis, hyperaesthesia, flu-like symptoms, coughing; hypersensitivity reactions.
Patients taking mesna should drink at least a quart of liquid a day.
Tabs—10; Multidose vials—1, 10
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy