Generic Name and Formulations:
Phytonadione (Vit. K1) 5mg; scored tabs.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for MEPHYTON:
Initially 2.5–25mg as a single dose depending on severity and response; max 50mg.
Does not counteract effects of heparin. Thromboembolism. Hepatic disease. Absorption requires endogenous bile supply. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Reduced absorption with mineral oil, cholestyramine. Antagonizes coumarin or indanedione derivative anticoagulants.
Gastric disturbances, rash.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children