Generic Name and Formulations:
Phytonadione (Vit. K1) 5mg; scored tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MEPHYTON:
Initially 2.5–25mg as a single dose depending on severity and response; max 50mg.
Does not counteract effects of heparin. Thromboembolism. Hepatic disease. Absorption requires endogenous bile supply. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Reduced absorption with mineral oil, cholestyramine. Antagonizes coumarin or indanedione derivative anticoagulants.
Gastric disturbances, rash.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress