Generic Name and Formulations:
Neisseria meningitidis oligosaccharide conjugate vaccine (Corynebacterium diphtheriae CRM197 protein); 10mcg of Group A + 5mcg each of Group C, Y, and W-135 + 32.7–64.1mcg of diphtheria CRM197 protein; per 0.5mL; lyophilized pwd for IM inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for MENVEO:
Adults and Children:
<2mos: not established. Give by IM inj only. Infants: give in anterolateral thigh; toddlers, adolescents and adults: in deltoid muscle. 2mos: as a four-dose series at 2, 4, 6, and 12mos of age. 7–23mos: as a two-dose series with the 2nd dose given in the 2nd year of life and at least 3mos after the 1st dose. 2–55yrs: 0.5mL once. For children 2–5yrs: if continued high risk, may give 2nd dose 2mos after the 1st dose. All: observe for 15mins post-dose.
Life-threatening reaction to any previous CRM197 or other diphtheria toxoid or meningococcal-containing vaccine.
Immunodeficiency. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Known history of Guillain-Barre Syndrome. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressants (eg, irradiation, antimetabolites, alkylating agents, cytotoxic drugs, high-dose steroids) may get suboptimal response. Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling.
Inj site pain, tenderness, erythema, induration; irritability, sleepiness, headache, malaise, nausea, myalgia, arthralgia; syncope (seizure-like movements possible post-dose), apnea in premature infants.
Vials—5 doses (5 vials of lyophilized MenA conjugate component + 5 vials of liquid MenCYW-135 conjugate component)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder