Generic Name and Formulations:
Butenafine HCl 1%; crm.
Indications for MENTAX:
Tinea versicolor, t. corporis, t. cruris, and interdigital t. pedis.
Apply to affected and immediately surrounding area. T. versicolor, corporis, cruris: Apply once daily for 2 wks. T. pedis: Apply twice daily for 1 wk, or once daily for 4 wks. Reevaluate if no improvement after therapy.
Avoid eyes, nose, mouth, mucous membranes. Do not occlude. Discontinue if irritation develops and confirm diagnosis. Sensitivity to allylamines. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Burning/stinging, worsening of condition, other local irritation.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?