Researchers conducted a systematic literature search to identify studies exploring the role of companion animals in the management of mental health conditions.
Patients' health can be affected by medical discrimination based on their size.
Men, including male physicians, are less likely than female physicians to seek medical treatment for their own health conditions.
Varenicline is approved by the FDA for use as a smoking cessation aid.
Interventions are needed to enhance adherence to prescribed medications, especially in older adults experiencing new episodes of depression.
Nicola Davies, PhD, suggests that a great deal of research is still required, but apps are certainly showing great promise as a means of enhancing treatment outcomes when used as an adjunct to therapy and medication.
Research found increased incidence of mental health issues in young gay and bisexual men.
The nation's first mental health court turns 18 this month, and more than 17,000 people have received treatment instead of a jail sentence.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Transference in the Age of #MeToo: What Counts as Harassment From a Patient?
- Autonomic Function May Have Directional Effect on Depression
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Influence of Psychostimulants on BMI and Height in Youth With ADHD
- Medication Adherence Predictors in Patients With Severe Psychiatric Disorders
- Incidence of Extrapyramidal Symptoms Higher With Certain Antidepressants
- Little Evidence Nicotine Preloading Helps Smokers Quit
- Acute Insomnia Found to Be Common Among Good Sleepers