Varenicline is approved by the FDA for use as a smoking cessation aid.
Interventions are needed to enhance adherence to prescribed medications, especially in older adults experiencing new episodes of depression.
Nicola Davies, PhD, suggests that a great deal of research is still required, but apps are certainly showing great promise as a means of enhancing treatment outcomes when used as an adjunct to therapy and medication.
Research found increased incidence of mental health issues in young gay and bisexual men.
The nation's first mental health court turns 18 this month, and more than 17,000 people have received treatment instead of a jail sentence.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Which Antidepressants May Cause Birth Defects?
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis