Generic Name and Formulations:
Neisseria meningitidis polysaccharides 5mcg each of Groups C and Y (tetanus toxoid conjugate [5mcg and 6.5mcg]) + Haemophilus b polysaccharides 2.5mcg (tetanus toxoid conjugate 6.25mcg); per 0.5mL; lyophilized pwd for IM inj after reconstitution; contains trometamol, sucrose, residual formaldehyde; latex-, preservative-free.
Indications for MENHIBRIX:
Immunization against N. meningitidis serogroups C and Y, and H. influenzae type b in children 6 weeks through 18 months of age.
<6 weeks or 19 months–16 years: not established. Give by IM inj in anterolateral thigh (if <1year old) or in deltoid muscle. 0.5mL given as a 4-dose series at 2, 4, 6, and 12–15 months of age. May give 1st dose as early as 6 weeks and 4th dose as late as 18 months of age.
Severe allergic reaction to any previous dose of meningococcal-, H. influenza type b-, or tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine.
Not a substitute for routine tetanus immunization. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of a previous tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat. C).
Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling. Immunosuppressive therapies (eg, irradiation, antimetabolites, alkylating agents, cytotoxic drugs, high-dose corticosteroids) may get suboptimal response.
Local inj site reactions (eg, pain, redness, swelling), irritability, drowsiness, loss of appetite, fever; syncope, apnea in premature infants.
Single-dose vials—10 (w. diluent)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression