Most Recent Articles by Melissa Vallas, MD
Gratitude can help people to become more social and develop deeper and healthier relationships, which in turn can improve their emotional health.
Positive influences by fathers on their children is associated with fewer behavioral problems and less impulsivity.
Being aware of patients' religious and spiritual beliefs and incorporating them into treatment can improve outcomes.
As more kids go to ERs for mental health treatment, clinicians need to prepare patients for what to expect.
Building loving relationships has been shown to improve depression, anxiety, and other mental illnesses.
More Articles by Melissa Vallas, MD
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Which Antidepressants May Cause Birth Defects?
- Best Practices for Treatment of Bipolar Disorder