Most Recent Articles by Melissa Vallas, MD
Gratitude can help people to become more social and develop deeper and healthier relationships, which in turn can improve their emotional health.
Positive influences by fathers on their children is associated with fewer behavioral problems and less impulsivity.
Being aware of patients' religious and spiritual beliefs and incorporating them into treatment can improve outcomes.
As more kids go to ERs for mental health treatment, clinicians need to prepare patients for what to expect.
Building loving relationships has been shown to improve depression, anxiety, and other mental illnesses.
More Articles by Melissa Vallas, MD
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy