Most Recent Articles by Melissa Foster, Digital Content Editor
Endocrinologists reported having low confidence in their knowledge about caring for transgender patients.
Children and teens who used stimulants for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder had lower bone mineral content and bone density than nonusers.
It has been reported previously that symptoms of depression are associated with nonadherence to diabetes self-care.
Mental health conditions, like binge eating disorder and depression, are common among patients undergoing bariatric surgery.
Patients who had more diabetes complications were more likely to develop dementia than those with less severe diabetes.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Color Vision Impairment in Schizophrenia May Be Due to Medication
- Sleep Disorders Linked to Nonaffective Psychosis in Young Adults
- Lithium May Treat Children With Bipolar Disorder, but Pediatric Studies Are Lacking
- Improvement in Guidelines for Monitoring Patients Receiving Lithium Essential
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Influence of Family Functioning on Youth at High Risk For Psychosis
- Associations Among Gender Nonconformity, Mental Distress, and Substance Use Among High School Students
- Digital Cognitive Therapy Eases Daytime Effects of Insomnia
- Predicting Poststroke Depression: Biomarkers and Beyond
- Sexual Harassment, Assault Tied to Women's Health Issues