MEGACE ORAL SUSPENSION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Megestrol acetate 40mg/mL; lemon-lime flavor.
Indications for MEGACE ORAL SUSPENSION:
Anorexia, cachexia, or unexplained significant weight loss in patients diagnosed with AIDS.
History of thromboembolic disease. Diabetes. Pregnancy (Cat.X): not recommended.
May increase insulin requirements. Decreases indinavir levels.
GI upset, impotence, flatulence, rash, hypertension, fever, decreased libido, breakthrough bleeding, hyperglycemia, insomnia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer Disease Examined
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users